Powered by Jitbit AspNetForum free trial version.
home recent topics recent posts search faq   AspNetForum v.5.1.1.0

Manchester Wheelers' Cycling Club :: Forum

user:
psw:
| lost password | register
Home » General » New online only cycling Magazine covering the NW Messages in this topic - RSS
12/3/2012 2:11:56 PM
Edwards80
Edwards80
Posts 908
The first issue of "spin cycle" is available here - http://www.spincyclemag.com/gallery/issue_1/

They intend to focus on club riding in the North West and also aim to promote womens cycling.

Thought some folks may be interested.

Ta
12/3/2012 5:31:19 PM
ant
ant
Posts 1438
Edwards80 wrote:

They intend to focus on club riding in Mersyside and also aim to promote womens cycling.

FTFY

12/3/2012 6:03:09 PM
NickW
NickW
Posts 1773
First reaction, styling & format = Rouleur wannabees (not read the content yet).
12/5/2012 11:33:55 AM
Ken Workman
Ken Workman
Posts 611
The piece on Kirkby stadium brought back good memories for me. I made the first of quite a few visits there about 1965 to a televised meeting.
Good to see 'our' Carole Leigh's dad Derek Bowyer (club president before her) in the photo along with Dave Lloyd and Terry Tinsley in their Wheelers' club kit. Carole herself followed Derek's lead in regularly officiating at Kirkby.
In the group of four prizewinners was another former one 'of ours' Howard Bolt, looking very smart in the double breasted jacket. If my memory serves me correctly I think his son Mark was also a Wheelers' member.
I wonder, as they announce themselves as North-West based if they might be persuaded to be a little less 'parish pump' and include news/comment from other areas of that region?

--
So, who'll volunteer to be the next "someone" to do this, or the next "someone" to do that?
12/5/2012 1:28:58 PM
markP
markP
Posts 826
Looked great to me. Bit cheaper than Rouleur...

Took me a few seconds to figure out it scrolled sideways!
pages: 1
|

Home » General » New online only cycling Magazine covering the NW